1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

cant access bios

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by buffybaskey, Feb 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. buffybaskey

buffybaskey Thread Starter

hi im sorry if this is in the wrong place,i had a new hard drive which i installed xp from the recovery disk, everything seems to be working fine but i cant seem to access the bios, ive tried the way i used to and the ctrl+alt+esc but no luck, also if i dont shut it down properly i dont get the check disk when i restart it, any help would be really appreciated, im not too techy so simple instructions please lol, i have an acer aspire 1520, thank you :eek::eek::eek:

2. kenny111111

kenny111111

If you put xp on it then you are in the wrong place (this is vista), but someone can probably still help... I'm not familiar with xp, but to enter the "bios" you should have to hit the f2 key as the computer starts to boot up.(splashscreen, "acer logo")... http://pcsupport.about.com/od/fixtheproblem/ht/accessbios.htm

If you are trying to enter the "task manager" that may be ctrl + alt + del (for xp).....sorry if none of this helps....good luck

PS: If your not that "techie" be very careful in the bios !!!

PSS: I just noticed you double posted...disregard if your already being helped....lol

3. buffybaskey

buffybaskey Thread Starter

yes sorry wrong place and double posted d'oh !! lol

4. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Please continue here.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/902702

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice