1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Can't Access Broadband On Other User Accounts

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by AdmiralZ, Jul 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. AdmiralZ

AdmiralZ Thread Starter

I have tiscali broadband on Windows XP. I also have two user accounts, both moderator accounts. Unfortunately, I can only access the broadband connection from the user account that I installed it on, it won't work on the other account. Anybody have any ideas on how to fix this?

2. onsite

onsite

How are you authenticated on the DSL , If you know?
    what country qre you in ?
    do you have a login
    do you have a router or just a dsl modem
    what is the model number of your modem

3. AdmiralZ

AdmiralZ Thread Starter

1) I don't know, what does that mean?
    2) England
    3) Yes, username and password
    4) What's a router again?
    5) Sagem [email protected] 800 E2L

Does that help?

4. onsite

onsite

Is it hot in England ? It is an inferno here across the pond, 105 degrees.

so when you start xp and you use your account , is it automatic, there is not a broadband "dialer" , you just click on windows explorer and you are on the internet ? Also in England you have a different type of DSL, I was trying to help someone last week.

5. AdmiralZ

AdmiralZ Thread Starter

I know, I was just over there. It's cooler here, but we don't have all the air-conditioning in our houses that you guys have.

No, there is a dialer, I have to "dial up" before I can use the internet.

6. onsite

onsite

i will assume that the dialer is on your desktop and you are using win xp

using windows explorer
    go to c:\documents and settings\ all users\desktop Do you see your dialer icon?
    right click, select copy then go back out to docs and settings \ the name of the folder you want thr dialer in, go to desktop folder and paste. If you did not see the icon in all users \ desktop. Try the folder for the profile you log on with.
    I live in Kensington which was named after Kensington Gardens after the Mayor here travelled there in the 1840s

7. AdmiralZ

AdmiralZ Thread Starter

I tried that but then when I try to connect to broadband on the other profile, it tells me that it could not authenticate the username/password on the domain.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/487909

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice