Can't Access device with broken screen

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

glenwilliam

I accidentally broke my Samsung Galaxy A3 display and ended up with a black cracked screen. The phone is responsive as when i press the physical buttons, the non-physical buttons light up, and I also still hear notifications ring. I need to access the phone for data retrieval to be able to move the data onto my new phone. Obviously the touch is not responsive, and I can't even connect to the PC for access as the data debugging is deactivated.

Can anyone provide a solution for me please without having to go to the repairs?

Thank you, help is greatly appreciated and urgently needed!!

-glenwilliam

metallica5456

Andrew
Trusted Advisor
If it can't be accessed via the USB, then you'll likely need to replace the screen so you can actually see what you are doing to either get your data off or activate the USB interface.

However, at that point, it would be negated, as the display would then be fixed.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online