Can't access external hard drive

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

bjc90278

I have a 40 gig external hard drive which I use for backing up some of my files. I use the "Second Copy" program to automatically backup certain files. It seems the external hard drive filled up without my realizing it and now it will not open.

When I attempt to open it I get a message which says: "Disk G is not formatted - do you want to format it now?"

I've tried disconnecting it from the power source and usb connection and then reconnecting, but it still doesn't allow me to open it.

When I go to properties for the external drive, it shows it is full on the pie chart but shows 0 bytes.

Any suggestions?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online