Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Can't access icloud.com

3K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  TOGG 
#1 ·
My boss and I used me.com very successfully for his calendar and contacts, but awhile back when he upgraded he was moved to icloud.com, and I can no longer access the site from work. It is not blocked by the firewall, and the browser (firefox) works fine going to any other site. The error I get is: The proxy server is refusing connections.
Nothing has been changed on the browser settings and the browser works fine otherwise. I'm lost without access to this site.

#2 ·
I can get to that site with both my Opera and Firefox browsers but, when I do, it makes it clear that I will need a device (iphone or iPad?) with iOS 5 or a Mac computer with OS X to setup my Apple ID and access it.

I don't know anything about proxy servers but it sounds like it is something your workplace setup or ISP may be using. Is there anyone in your office that deals with techie stuff who might be able to help?

Another possibility is that using the Windows version of Apple's Safari browser might help, but that's complete guesswork on my part; http://www.apple.com/safari/ (although it does state that it works with iCloud).

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.