1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

can't access mcafee home page

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by lesmimes, Sep 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. lesmimes

lesmimes Thread Starter

i have been having problems with the mcafee automatic updater never stopping. i spoke to mcafee support and was told to end a process. it worked and it was all good. the next time it happened i did the same thing...or so i thought. then the automatic updater kept sending me error messages saying that ___ was missing. i have no idea which one it was. i then tried to update/reinstall mcafee from the website to no avail. so i just uninstalled the whole thing thinking that i could just log on and reinstall from scratch. but now i can't even get the home page to load. i am not having this problem with any other site, just mcafee. i am using xp. and the virusscan is the online version which is paid for until 2005. :mad: help!

2. MrFuzz

MrFuzz

I have had a few of my customers have the problem of being able to access norton antivirus and mcafee because of spyware. Try going to norton antivirus and see if that does not work also. If so then download ad-aware or spybot-search and destroy. Both are very good when used together. If this does not work you could also try deleting all of your temporary internet files, this includes cookies. Hope this helps.

3. lesmimes

lesmimes Thread Starter

i scanned and deleted the files there, but still can't access the page. i also delete all of my temp files and cookies quite frequently. any other ideas?

4. MrFuzz

MrFuzz

Heres a link one step further into the site, it takes you into the 'Home and Home Office Section' see if this will even work for you.

http://us.mcafee.com/?cid=10348

If it does maybe you can get to where you need from there. I hope this helps.

5. lesmimes

lesmimes Thread Starter

nope. every time i type mcafee.com i get a google page with the link and when i click on the link it gives me the page cannot be displayed message. it does it with symantec as well.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/276873

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice