Can't access most websites

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

smansou2

Hi there,

When I opened my macbook this morning the date and time were weirdly changed (year 2017?). I re-adjusted them to the correct date and time but then realized that I also wasn't able to access websites (using chrome) that i normally use on a daily basis without any problems (online banking, school portal, forums). It seems that the only websites I am able to connect to are youtube, facebook and gmail. For any other sites one of the following messages is displayed: " this site can't be reached" or "there is no internet connection". I restarted my computer, that didn't solve the problem; I ran my antivirus, no threats were identified; I tried using safari and encountered the same problem; I made sure firewalls were off and that proxies were not enabled. I don't know what else to try. Can someone please help? Thank you

Sal

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online