Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Can't access MS Access database Wizard

5K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  ishak 
#1 ·
Hi everybody! I have a problem with my MS Access and can't use the wizard for creating database objects (forms, report, table, queries, etc). Whenever I choose Wizard option to create those database objects, I get the following error message:

Microsoft Access can't find the wizard, or there is syntax error in the Declaration section of a Visual Basic module.

The wizard you need may be missing from the libraries key of the Microsoft Access section of the Windows Registry.
To make sure that the wizard is in the Windows Registry, run Setup to reinstall Microsoft Access, and the compile all Visual Basic modules in the database.​

I reinstalled the MS Access as instructed in the message, but I don't know where to find and compile those Visual Basic modules. I also don't know how to get to libraries key of the Microsoft Access section of the Windows Registry.

I tried to reinstall the software by using two different versions of software CDs (MS Office 2000 and XP) and both failed to solve the problem. I also tried unsuccessfully to access Add-Ins feature from the Tools menu in order to add the missing component. Please help me!

ishak

See less See more
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.