1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Can't access MS Access database Wizard

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by ishak, Mar 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ishak

ishak Thread Starter

Hi everybody! I have a problem with my MS Access and can’t use the wizard for creating database objects (forms, report, table, queries, etc). Whenever I choose Wizard option to create those database objects, I get the following error message:

Microsoft Access can’t find the wizard, or there is syntax error in the Declaration section of a Visual Basic module.

The wizard you need may be missing from the libraries key of the Microsoft Access section of the Windows Registry.
    To make sure that the wizard is in the Windows Registry, run Setup to reinstall Microsoft Access, and the compile all Visual Basic modules in the database.​

I reinstalled the MS Access as instructed in the message, but I don’t know where to find and compile those Visual Basic modules. I also don’t know how to get to libraries key of the Microsoft Access section of the Windows Registry.

I tried to reinstall the software by using two different versions of software CDs (MS Office 2000 and XP) and both failed to solve the problem. I also tried unsuccessfully to access Add-Ins feature from the Tools menu in order to add the missing component. Please help me!

ishak

2. Ziggy1

Ziggy1

Funny I had the same error last night. I ran Setup from the CD (from RUN prompt) checked off the access wizard. Then went and did what I was doing, it still asked to install the feature but it worked that time.

If that does not help the is an MS article, basically, if you are in "Break mode" of a module that could also cause it.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/208204/en-us

3. ishak

ishak Thread Starter

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/553449