Can't Access my D-Link DWLG700AP

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

BlazingWolf

Hi,

I bought a D-DWL G700AP(An access point), and I hooked it up behind a Nokia IP 30 router. It is working perfectly fine, but I can't get to the web-based admin. It says the default port is 192.168.0.50 but whenever I enter that into a browser it just times out.

I have tried getting to it from a computer on the wired network, a computer with the wireless connection and with its ethernet going to directly to one of my computers and it just times out.

I have tried resetting it but that doesn't seem to help and I know it's on default settings because the SSID is "default" which is indeed the default setting. I'm stumped here.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

I just took a look at the manual for the access point. You are correct with the default ip address. Some things to perhaps double check.

Is the SSID on the access point, the same SSID on your router?

The default ip address of the access point, is it really so and setup statically?

What does it show up as in the dhcp client list of the router?Is it 192.168.0.50? The third octet of the address should be the same as your network? Don't know if it is. Perhaps try assigning an address for the access point from the router configuration?

I'm really just guessing and suggesting things that I would look at first.

BlazingWolf

Well thats where my suspiscion lies. The DHCP server of the router assigned the AP a different IP. The problem is the Nokia IP 30 is a SOHO router that my dad's company installed.

So I can't login to the admin panel to check what the IP is on the AP. :/

Is there any other way I get a list of the DHCP clients?

well do you know wat port it runs on and could use some port scanning software to scan the range of ips if you got a clue. of ip range it is on.

BlazingWolf

That program only picked up the other computers on my network. :/ It didn't picked up the AP.

I'm curious as to why you want to access the AP? Is it working properly or do you need to make some configuration changes.

I'm guessing here...don't have the manual in front of me. Try running a cable to it from your computer and see if you can access the configuration page.

Otherwise, not being nosy, but can't you ask for the password to access the routers configuration page?

YOu can also add a static route to your PC's routing table if you are not on the same LAN

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online