1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

can't access my drives

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by gtbaker, Oct 9, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. gtbaker

gtbaker Thread Starter

I uninstalled McAfee 7.0 Pro...and now I can't access my outlook, my drives and some of my other programs are missing. What can be up with this? I open Windows Explorer and...BANG...Blue Scream of Death and then restart. One big Microsoft Mobius Loop.

I'm running a Dell PIII 450 w/320 megs of ram on Win 98SE. I have 2 HDs C; is the main one with 8 gigs and D; is the one I use for all my files and it's a 80gig. We're running Win 2000 server here.

Also my drives were not shared so I can't transfer my files or even see em.

Everything was hunky dorey until I uninstalled that packin' program...RRRRRRR.

Cheers
    Todd

2. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

Does the blue screen give an error message?

How did you go about uninstalling McAfee? Via add/remove programs?

3. gtbaker

gtbaker Thread Starter

I never copied down the error message...but it won't be hard to get...and yes via add /remove. I can't get that error message just right yet...I'm in a queue up to talk with a Live McAfee Tech.

Cheers
    Todd

4. ~Candy~

good luck :)

5. gtbaker

gtbaker Thread Starter

Well....that was a waste of time. I had to go to my Regedit and find all McAfee associated files. But when it came time to a search of a certian file - actually not sure if it was a file...long string of numbers with a bracket around it - it froze. It freezes anytime I do anything associated with the drives.

Any other ideas other than flatten?

Cheers
    Todd

6. ~Candy~

Search in safe mode?

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/170728

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice