can't access my drives

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

gtbaker

I uninstalled McAfee 7.0 Pro...and now I can't access my outlook, my drives and some of my other programs are missing. What can be up with this? I open Windows Explorer and...BANG...Blue Scream of Death and then restart. One big Microsoft Mobius Loop.

I'm running a Dell PIII 450 w/320 megs of ram on Win 98SE. I have 2 HDs C; is the main one with 8 gigs and D; is the one I use for all my files and it's a 80gig. We're running Win 2000 server here.

Also my drives were not shared so I can't transfer my files or even see em.

Everything was hunky dorey until I uninstalled that packin' program...RRRRRRR.

Cheers
Todd

~Candy~

Retired Administrator
Does the blue screen give an error message?

How did you go about uninstalling McAfee? Via add/remove programs?

gtbaker

I never copied down the error message...but it won't be hard to get...and yes via add /remove. I can't get that error message just right yet...I'm in a queue up to talk with a Live McAfee Tech.

Cheers
Todd

gtbaker

Well....that was a waste of time. I had to go to my Regedit and find all McAfee associated files. But when it came time to a search of a certian file - actually not sure if it was a file...long string of numbers with a bracket around it - it froze. It freezes anytime I do anything associated with the drives.

Any other ideas other than flatten?

Cheers
Todd

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online