cant access my flash drive

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

kwascabs

i did a repair of xp pro and now i cant get to my flash drive.
it shows in my computer but when i click an error message says cant access h:
or please insert disk.
please help

kwascabs

forgot to mention the problem flash drive works fine in my other 2 computers

bboy_cero

Banned
Well, maybe you need drivers (which would be very, very silly) for thet flash disk, on the updated XP pro version, but it would be stupid if yes. When you plug your flash disk in, can you get access to its properties (right click > properties)?

If the drive has nothing you need on it, try formatting and repartitioning with HP USB Disk Storage Format Tool.

But flash drives have a relatively short lifespan (and the cheaper, the shorter), so it may just be at the end of its product cycle.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online