1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Can't access my Profile on Yahoo att mail

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Laura7491, Feb 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Laura7491

Laura7491 Thread Starter

Hi everyone, yes, it's me again, with the new problems.. and I am really not sure if I'm posting it in the right spot.

Problem #1 ... I deleted my Yahoo.com account and opened a new Yahoo att.net account, as a sub-account for AT&T. I changed password for the new account ... now when I clicked on my Yahoo acct. profile I was said "You are FORBIDDEN to access this page". :mad: What the Hell is going on?

I was on online support chat with ATT yesterday, they helped me to change a pw in the sub-account, and I think after that I got that "Forbidden" message. I found out after I quit the session. :( Aghhh......

Problem #2 - I can not log in Yahoo Messenger any more. I entered a new password and the same User ID (was not changed) but it's dead to me. :confused:(n)

Editing to say, I am not sure if these 2 problems are connected or not. Messenger says that Yahoo server is not responsive, or something like that, about the server. :(

Can you please help me if you can??

Thanks guys!!!

2. rainforest123

rainforest123

Hello again Laura.

The other software or the internet forums might attract attention from someone familiar with your issue, but since you have already contacted tech support [ KUDOS for you! ], perhaps 1 of us in W7 land can help.

Which browser are you using? If IE, try IE with no add ons. If FF, try FF's safe mode [ NOT the same as W7's safe mode ].

Which computer security is on your computer?

Try:
    start > search
    type: msconfig.exe
    left click on it in the results area
    If your computer is in selective startup, left click the "services" and "startup' tabs.
    Make a complete list of that which is checked & unchecked. Do NOT rely on the "the 1st 3 are checked; then . . . because the order sometimes changes. Don't ask me. I wasn't in the meeting. :)
    Then disable all startup items & all services EXCEPT the Microsoft services.
    Reboot
    Test.

This could easily be a Yahoo problem.
    Imagine that you are at a restaurant, arriving at 2pm. You are seated relatively quickly and because there are few patrons, your wait person arrives promptly and the food is prepared relatively quickly.
    NOW, image that you arrive at the same outstanding restaurant at a busy time for the restaurant. It takes longer for you to be seated; longer for the wait staff to take your order & longer for the chef & staff to prepare your meal.

RF123

3. Laura7491

Laura7491 Thread Starter

OK, RF 123... Browser FF. I'll try that .. Hear ya about a "restaurant" . LOL

Will let you know.

4. Laura7491

Laura7491 Thread Starter

I am back, RF123 ...
    I ran FF in Safe Mode, got exact same message ab. my profile "Forbidden". I did what you suggested on msconfig. No luck.
    :(

5. rainforest123

rainforest123

Bummer, Laura:
    5 yrs ago, some users experienced a similar Yahoo problem. 1 person suggested that the problem was at Yahoo's end.
    http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080827041105AAnMHxD

Please provide THE EXACT verbage of the msg. A screen shot would be idea.
    1 method would be the use of W7's snipping tool.
    Attach it: "go advanced" to "manage attachments"

RF123

6. Laura7491

Laura7491 Thread Starter

UPDATE. I learned that I could NOT access my profile from within Yahoo att mail because it's a sub-account. I must go a whole different path thru the main account to get to my sub-account profile.

That means this #1 problem with my profile no longer exists. But still the Yahoo Messenger problem remains. I wonder if Y/M recognizes my Yahoo Att.net or it can ONLY recognizes Yahoo.com which was deleted by me a few days ago.

7. rainforest123

rainforest123

Does yahoo customer service / tech support have email or chat service? How did you contact them last time?

Thanks for the update.

I can NOT guarantee the accuracy of this site.
    http://www.isitdownrightnow.com/yahoo.com.html
    Yahoo may or may not provide that information directly to users, but it probably can not hurt to ask yahoo.

RF123

8. Laura7491

Laura7491 Thread Starter

Hi RF123, when I could not log in Y/M I contacted Yahoo , filled in the special form containing security questions, etc. I have not heard from as of this moment. On the other hand I have not been at my computer almost all day. I have to check my Y/M.

Well, I understand you guys are not a God, but I know one thing - you, Mark and others are knowledgable. :)

Editing: I just tried logging in Y/M under my old Yahoo.com log-in information. Still no luck - says "there is a problem signing you in...". I am attaching this nasty message here.

Attached Files:

• YM.JPG
      YM.JPG
      File size:
      25.7 KB
      Views:
  9. rainforest123

rainforest123

Who is Mark?

RF123

10. rainforest123

rainforest123

Dear Laura:
    The error code, 81003002
    IS important!

Searching on it brought up a lot of hits.

Various thoughts from those hits.
    1. It is a Yahoo server problem.
    2. YM needs to be uninstalled & re-installed
    Create a system restore point before uninstalling or installing ANY program.
    3. 1 hit refers the read to http://messenger.yahoo.com/web

4, This site recommends "answers.yahoo.com"
    http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20070315204415AAjCKyn

5. AND I AM SERIOUS, go to
    http://tw.knowledge.yahoo.com/question/question?qid=1613010904553
    Don't read Taiwanese, have your search engine translate it for you.

Complete uninstall of YM.
    http://help.yahoo.com/kb/index?loca...n5DaHGLFLT_IpYxr8OKgljEt9GogE5qJ6uO1aVvz8Mw--

Try connecting from a different computer.

Try a different browser.

Which firewall is on your computer? Sometimes, if the problem is caused by a software FW, the only solution for me has been to uninstall the FW.

Do you use a router with a firewall? Even if the router has no FW, there might be a rules area.
    If you provide the brand, model & model # of the router, I'll be glad to try to help.

RF123

11. Laura7491

Laura7491 Thread Starter

I uninstalled and reinstall YM twice!!! No luck. No, I don't use router FW, only on Norton anti-virus.
    Hey RF123, I have a question, indirectly related ... I read that CNET bundled software with trojan. Have you heard anything about it? I thought of downloading earlier version 10 of YM but it's only on CNET. So I don't want to take any chances. Got it in e-mail from a friend: http://www.tomsguide.com/us/CNET-CBS-Malware-Trojan-Nmap,news-13410.html

I will not miss not having YM. I almost never use it. Had it mostly as a commodity on my computer.

12. rainforest123

rainforest123

Dear Laura:
    Please post the info from this forum's sys info tool, again.

Please provide product info re Norton AV with FW. Version & a product page from Norton / Symantec would be excellent!

Try connecting from a different computer.

Try a different browser.

No, I have heard / read nothing re malware assoc with CNET downloads.

Search using this string:
    download "yahoo messenger 10" -cnet

softpedia & filehippo are 2 of the hits.

RF123

13. Rearden

Rearden Banned

I would think you need to use a Yahoo account with Yahoo Instant Messenger. When you log in with a Yahoo account, does it work?

14. rainforest123

rainforest123

15. Laura7491

Laura7491 Thread Starter

Nope. I tried.

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1088055

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice