1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Cant access my server from client computer

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Paineto, Oct 22, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Paineto

Paineto Thread Starter

Hey Guys,
    I'm new to servers and about a week ago I installed server 2008R2 as a standard installation on a Dell Optiplex 780 series. However after activating the Active Dormain Name. I can't seem to see it over the network using a client computer. I also failed to join the domain of the server despite using the same details with the server DNS details and the same gateway.

Please help me

Thanks alot

2. zx10guy

zx10guy Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

Putting up the parameters you're setting for DNS in the IP configuration for client computer would be helpful. But for the client computer's DNS setting, you have to point it to the AD server which is your Server 2008R2 box.

Paineto likes this.
  3. Paineto

Paineto Thread Starter

Thanks for the reply @zx10guy, I am assuming i have to connect both computers on the same LAN
    I wish I could have a little chat with you on skype for me to elaborate on my problem.
    find me as Pai Neto on skype

4. zx10guy

zx10guy Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

The easiest setup is to have both systems on the same subnet/LAN.

Paineto likes this.
  5. domorewithgreen

domorewithgreen

do you still need help with this? im happy to help

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1218185

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice