Cant access my server from client computer

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Paineto

Hey Guys,
I'm new to servers and about a week ago I installed server 2008R2 as a standard installation on a Dell Optiplex 780 series. However after activating the Active Dormain Name. I can't seem to see it over the network using a client computer. I also failed to join the domain of the server despite using the same details with the server DNS details and the same gateway.

Please help me

Thanks alot

zx10guy

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Putting up the parameters you're setting for DNS in the IP configuration for client computer would be helpful. But for the client computer's DNS setting, you have to point it to the AD server which is your Server 2008R2 box.

Paineto

Thanks for the reply @zx10guy, I am assuming i have to connect both computers on the same LAN
I wish I could have a little chat with you on skype for me to elaborate on my problem.
find me as Pai Neto on skype

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts