1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Can't access my user account file!!!

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Sesshomaru, Aug 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Sesshomaru

Sesshomaru Thread Starter

Ok I have a BIG problem i hope someone can help me with. Alright at first my floppy drive was not working, I tought it might be some system files missing so i did the system recovery thing by pressing F10 at the booting screen. Now my problem is that my original desktop had a password on it, I remember my password and everything but now i cant get access to my original desktop file in documents and settings,every time i click on it the message (Access is denied) pops up, is there any thing i can do to get access to it. please help!!! Oh by the way my my OPS is XP.

2. Chicon

Chicon

Hi,

I advice you to logon with the administrator user.
    Right on the folder you can't access, select the Security tab and have look to the different authorizations.

3. Chicon

Chicon

"Right click on the folder ..."

4. Sesshomaru

Sesshomaru Thread Starter

Im on the administrator but what is the security tab? I've tried to move the file but again (access is denied) pops up. I think its because i had a password on my user account when i restored my computer,.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/258313

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice