1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Can't access OE Inbox.dbx file ???

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by anderc, Feb 2, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. anderc

anderc Thread Starter

Hi. Before reloading my PC, I saved all the OE5.5 dbx files to a CD.
    After reinstalling everything, I can view all the folders in OE except the Inbox. I've also tried it on another PC with OE6, with the same result. Does this mean the Inbox.dbx file is corrupt?? Is there another way of viewing this data???

2. JustMe2

JustMe2

First Name:
    Crystal
  3. anderc

anderc Thread Starter

Thanks - its a great site (TSG).
    I have tried what you suggested, but it says no messages are found. On surfing some more it seems this is a common problem - am just looking into a program called DBXtract to try and recover it ....

4. JustMe2

JustMe2

First Name:
    Crystal
    Good luck.
    After I had to re-format 1-1/2 months ago, I had the same problem. I kept fiddling with outlook and import, and somehow managed to get me messages back. I believe that I chose to import from Outlook 6, even though they were originally in outlook 5. Magically, it worked.
    JustMe2

5. anderc

anderc Thread Starter

Just tried DBXtract - no luck. It works with every file except the Inbox.dbx. Seems it has been corrupted somehow ...
    Cheers for the thoughts so far!

6. JustMe2

JustMe2

First Name:
    Crystal
    Well that stinks, I know.
    Maybe someone else will come along later with some more ideas to try.
    JustMe2

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/116706

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice