1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Can't access restore

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by Sargent67, Oct 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sargent67

Sargent67 Thread Starter

Trying to fix a friends laptop.
    Hp Pavillion dv9000
    Windows vista (assuming 32bit)
    When trying to start any way from restore cd, from windows vista cd, from HD in any mode including safe and restore I get blue screen of death! 0x0000c1F5
    Am completely unable to access restore even with boot disc.
    Computer does work fine! I am a CINT student and have a copy of linux that runs from cd. When I booted from it computer worked fine and I was able to access everything including HD. No idea why a bootable vista cd didn't work must be accessing something on HD.

I realize reformating while linux is running is always an option but then she looses everything on her computer and no she didnt back anything up! Computers are too reliable people forget they can and do crash...

Please help have been searching for solution for a week now and am no closer to an answer. Is the file structure in the restore section a mirror of the main? In other words is there some way to just copy the files in the restore section into the proper areas on regular partittion thus bypassing the restore program?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1024459

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice