1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Cant access shared printer anymore

Discussion in 'Networking' started by JL2008, Sep 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JL2008

JL2008 Thread Starter

I was able to connect to a shared Samsung 2160 with my Windows 7 laptop 2 weeks ago at work. I haven't been able to connect to this printer since last week. When I try to print, nothing happens. I try to connect to another shared Samsung 2160. It looks like its going to connect. And then it says that the path is wrong. I tried to connect to PC by entering the PC name in the Run box. Says the path is wrong. I am still able to connect to these printers via desktop wirelessly. My laptop & desktop where the printer is plugged both have Workgroup as the workgroup name. I have Norton Security. It found 50 viruses last week which I cleaned. And I am connected to the internet when I try to connect to these shared printers. I have some ideas. Like changing the workgroup name of the laptop. Trying to connect by creating a local port. Installing the drivers and then trying to connect. Anyone else has anymore ideas?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1068120

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice