1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Can't access shortcuts on desktop

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by Wally4548, Oct 7, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Wally4548

Wally4548 Thread Starter

Use Netscapes 4.7,6.2 &7.1. Have had constant problems with N6, and Netscape Help told me to download N 7.1 to solve them.

This resulted in my no longer being able to access web page shortcuts on my desktop or in folders on my desktop.

When I downloaded 7.1 it was added to list in my add/remove file, while 6.2 was removed, tho N6 remained, and cannot be removed.

When I try to access shortcuts, I get a banner, Can not find NETSCP6.EXE which is needed to access files of hypertext protocol.

NETSCP6. EXE is not on my hard drive and efforts to redownload N6.2 Fail as they say my internet connection is interrupted which is not the case as I have a cable connection.

Any thoughts on how I can get my shortcuts back will be deeply appreciated......Wally

2. Rollin' Rog

Rollin' Rog

3. Wally4548

Wally4548 Thread Starter

Thanks Rog

I think you have me on the right track.Got rid of the NETSCPE6 banner, and had shortcuts for a second but have since lost them.

IE is my principal browser and would love to dump all Netscapes if there were a way.New computer maybe.....Wally

4. Wally4548

Wally4548 Thread Starter

Hey Rog

Bumped a couple of more buttons, and the shortcuts are back.

Many thanks!!!.....Wally

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/170159

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice