1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Can't access sites until I resync modem

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by ilhiker, Oct 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ilhiker

ilhiker Thread Starter

Hello,
    I have four computers at home, on on a VPN that my wife uses for her work and it's strictly hands off for me. Then I have a desktop as my main home computer, and two laptops. All are connected to the cable modem, two by Ethernet cords, two wirelessly.

My workplace has a Web-based email service. Most of the time, I can access it just fine. But now and then, and never with any consistency, I can't access the email portion of that site. I can access everything else on the site, just not the email. This is the same for all three of my home computers. When I hop on my Sprint card via my laptop, I can access my work emails just fine. When I resync my modem, then all is well and I can access my email just fine.

This is not a problem with Outlook, just the web-based email that I go to via a separate URL. Is there any way I can avoid this. I can't resync my modem while my wife is "at work" because she maintains a connection to "live" documents in Europe and it takes her up to 20 minutes sometime to reconnect to all the things she needs on the various servers she uses.

Even when my wife's computer is turned off, this dilemma resurfaces, until I resync the modem and routers.

Any suggestions. Please keep it simple, I'm not as smart about the ever-emerging technology as I once was.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/758886

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice