can't access some web pages

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

rhgibson

Using XP and IE with a Lynx Router. I can get on some web pages, but it seems like whenever I try to go to a site where I have passwords or personal demog. I can't get to them ie. hotmail, My e-bay, and my bank's internet teller, although I can get to their home pages etc. I get that Cannot find Server message, try later or try refresh etc. I use the default security settings for my IE and increased my cache space for temp. files, and cleaned out my temp. files etc. HElp please

rhgibson

:mad: I did everything step by step and it still didn't solve my problems. I also ran ad aware and did a clean up. Do I need to reinstall my OS and hope it fixes the problem?

I wouldn't go to the extreme of reinstalling Windows. Try getting to Gmail (secure site) for me using each of the following methods:

- gmail.google.com
- http://gmail.google.com
- https://gmail.google.com

Can you access the site using any of the abovementioned ways?

Also, it wouldn't hurt to download Hijack This and post a log file here (don't do anything yet!).

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts