1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Can't access some websites

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by xblackrat, Dec 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. xblackrat

xblackrat Thread Starter

Hi. I have a new Laptop with Vista installed and I am using "3" mobile internet. When I try to access some websites I have a page appears that says.,
    Access Denied (policy_denied) Your system policy has denied access to the requested URL.
    For assistance, contact your network support team.

Can anyone help please. Thanks

2. techdawg667

techdawg667

It's not Vista's problem, it's your ISP. Does this happen to you on specific websites (like..."naughty"...sites maybe?)? IF so your ISP may be blocking those sites.

3. xblackrat

xblackrat Thread Starter

The problem I had has not been on "Naughty" sites but has been on a university site. Having said that I have tried several naughty sites and get the same. "3" supply a dongle which plugs into a USB port on the laptop and so I have only experienced it there. I tried on the main computer to access these sites and it worked perfect. When I tried the Dongle on the main computer I getr the same error messages. It would seem that "3" have taken it upon its self to be a "WEB CENSOR" and to prevent persons looking at sites that they seem to feel are inappropriate. (university site ?????) I dont have a problem with not being to access "Naughties" but having said that it should be my choice and not that of Big Brother to decide what is watched. Other opinions would be interesting.
    Thanks for your help.

4. surfersguy

surfersguy

Hi,
    I have 3 mobile internet for my laptop. I too have been having dramas with certain sites. I have been in touch with 3 support staff (useless) numerous times and they claim they dont filter content...(yet - thanks Rudd) . The main site i have dramas with is facebook but every now and then i site i really want to view will just not load all the way. My mate i work with sits next to me with 3 mobile on his laptop and can get straight onto facebook while i cant. They claim to be fixing the dramas and if u call them they will give u setting to change - in my case it fixed it for a day then didnt work again. The said they are working on it as lots of people have the drama with everyone having dramas with different sites....
    Its nothing to do with filtering content as i can see naughty sites fine - suggest u ring them and ask - dont accept the "it will be fixed in a week" excuse!!!!

5. xblackrat

xblackrat Thread Starter

Well I got really annoyed at this. I rang "3" and eventually got through to a senior manager. I said I intended to take "3" to the european court of human rights as they were breaching my human rights by censoring my internet. I also said I wished to cancel my contract due to them having breached their contract by failing to supply me with total Broadband.
    Would you believe I received a call later in the day stating that this was a technical fault and this had now been rectified (surprise surprise)
    I now find that I can access all sites without any trouble.
    I am very surprised at a result this quick but I have to give credit to "3" for maybe bottling out ??????

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!