Cant access windows...Black Screen

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

radarrocket

I have a H P Pavilion dv5 laptop that has windows 7.. I cannot access windows 7 or any of the recovery methods.. I've tried a system restore disk i burned from my wifes computer and it didn't work ... I cannot access anything except the systems configuration, boot options etc... Tried tapping the f8 key.. f11.. still no luck. At startup the HP logo comes on for a second then goes to a black screen with a flashing bar in the upper left hand corner of the screen.. Can you help me solve this problem please?

TerryNet

First Name
Terry
Even before doing the above, does the BIOS (Setup) even detect the hard drive? If the BIOS includes a hard drive diagnostic you could try that one first.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online