1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Can't access XP machines.

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by RedWizard, Feb 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RedWizard

RedWizard Thread Starter

Hello.

=]

I am unable to connect to any XP machines via network.

I have over 5 wireless stations. I can access the station if it Isn't XP. However my two XP stations are inaccessable. (they are actually even inaccesible to eachother) They are connected to the interenet effectively however I can not establish information in terms of file sharing. I get the message "windows cannot access /Station Name" When I attempt to click on their computer icon in the network section of windows.

All the wireless stations are on the same network name. I can ping every machine in the network.

Why can't I connect by clicking on their icon in "network neighborhood"

Also - is this "network neighborhood" on the desktop defined as "Active Directory" and how to i define the protocols? Please give precise information.

PS- I have guest account enabled, and they are all on the same network.

Why am I unable to connect?

Thanks for any practical information.

2. jmwills

jmwills

XP Home or Pro?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/540937

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice