1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Can't add network users after add local users

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by buztwet, Mar 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. buztwet

buztwet Thread Starter

Under Windows 2000, when I reformat the computer, I add administrator user as a network user in the install process. Then, I go in and add local users to the computer. Later on when I want to add network users, it won't let me, the computer just hangs. Any ideas?

2. jakeonthecob

jakeonthecob

Not much information to go on here, but are you signed on as a network admin when you are trying to add the network users?

When you say you add the administrator user as a network user, what are you referring to? Are you adding the Network Administrator account to the local PC?

3. Bob Cerelli

Bob Cerelli

Are you on a domain and trying to add domain users? Otherwise I'm not exactly clear on what you mean by network users.

4. buztwet

buztwet Thread Starter

Yes, I am signed on as network admin when trying to add the users. I am trying to add domain users (sorry) after I have already added local users.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!