can't adjust volume

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

amk

(Windows XP Home) When I attempt to adjust the volume using the slider on the Volume tab of the Sounds and Audio Devices section of the control panel, the volume gets louder as I drag the slider over, and then (without even releasing the mouse button), the volume automatically decreases as the slider moves to it's lowest position. It's as if the volume is pegged "low" elsewhere in the system, and the slider must reflect that value despite my trying to adjust it. TIA for any assistance.

amk said:
(Windows XP Home) When I attempt to adjust the volume using the slider on the Volume tab of the Sounds and Audio Devices section of the control panel, the volume gets louder as I drag the slider over, and then (without even releasing the mouse button), the volume automatically decreases as the slider moves to it's lowest position. It's as if the volume is pegged "low" elsewhere in the system, and the slider must reflect that value despite my trying to adjust it. TIA for any assistance.

>> I have the same issue. Have you been able to resolved? Any advice would be greatly apprecited.

Jack

~Candy~

Retired Administrator
Hi and welcome.

Do you have another volume control panel, like CMEDIA installed?

hi,

thanks for the quick reply.

1 - The sound card comes up as ESS adio driver, this is the system data dump:

Class: Sound, video and game controllers
Device: ES1869 Plug and Play AudioDrive (WDM)
Resource:
IRQ: [00000005]
DMA: [00000001]
DMA: [00000003]
IO: [00000220 - 0000022F]
IO: [00000330 - 00000331]
IO: [00000388 - 0000038B]
Device Drivers:

Class: Sound, video and game controllers
Device: ES1869 Control Interface (WDM)
Resource:
IO: [00000268 - 0000026F]
Device Drivers:

2 - I do not see any other volume control panel.

No additional software installed, brand-new XP re-install. I also have another XP and it's working fine (as far as the volume control goes... tho) the difference is that in the one that DOES NOT work, I see an ADVANCE button on the volume control.

Any more help would be greatly appreciate it.

Thanks

Jack :)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online