1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Can't attach files in email

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by mamacita903, Sep 19, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. mamacita903

mamacita903 Thread Starter

Hi,
    I am new to this site but very hopeful that one of you very nice people can help me :) I do not use OE, I go to college and use my university's email system. I have never had any problems attaching docs in the past, and this week my comp hasn't allowed me to attach and it gives me a javascript error. I know it is my computer and not the network, because on other computers I can attach. If any one has any ideas please let me know. The IT guys here said maybe my browser was old, but ti's not and I have SP2 already installed. Thanks again for any suggestions.

2. Saga Lout

Saga Lout

SP2 has made changes to Java and you may benefit from going to the Sun Microsystems site and download theirs rather than using the MS version.

3. mamacita903

ok, I just downloaded Java 1.4 from that site and restarted my computer but I am still receiving this error message

JavaScript Error Object does not support this property or metod.

Thanks for trying though

4. mamacita903

*method.....sorry I guess I can't type today

5. NoTongue

NoTongue

If it really is a JAVA issue, goto the Control Panel and double click on the JAVA icon. In the Browser tab, you could try un-ticking any ticked items in that screen.

If still no luck, reset your IE's settings back to default. Tools/Options and then on the advanced tab there should be a button to reset defaults.

6. mamacita903

Thanks, I tried that andrestarted my computer, but it still is sending me the error message.

7. NoTongue

NoTongue

On one of the other systems that you are not having problems, I'd compare it to the bad one. IE's TOOLS/OPTIONS and the Advanced Tab and the security settings.

8. sekirt

sekirt

9. mamacita903

Thanks but it says that I am fully enabled.

10. sekirt

sekirt

If your JAVA and javascript are working, then more details would help. Just what is the email client your university uses? And when you say you did not have problems in the past....how far back in the past do you mean? What have you changed? Installed programs? Uninstalled programs?

Since you have SP2 - then your OS is Windows XP. Did the problem start when you installed SP2?

If you have an anti-virus program, disable email checking. Leave the system-wide AV scan running in the background and you will be protected from any virus infecting your machine from an email attachment. Same with any firewall program - disable email scanning. See if that solves the problem.

sekirt

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/275798

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice