Solved Can't Balance my Headphones

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Kevier

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.9
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Home, 64 bit, Build 19042, Installed 20210929170202.000000-240
Processor: 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-11800H @ 2.30GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 141 Stepping 1, CPU Count: 16
Total Physical RAM: 16 GB
Graphics Card: Intel(R) UHD Graphics, 1024 MB
Hard Drives: C: 454 GB (213 GB Free);
Motherboard: Micro-Star International Co., Ltd. MS-1581, ver REV:1.0, s/n BSS-0123456789
System: American Megatrends International, LLC., ver MSI_NB - 1072009, s/n K2104N0113831
Antivirus: Windows Defender, Enabled and Updated

trying to use PDP Gaming LVL50 Wireless Stereo Gaming Headset on my gaming laptop and only left ear working
tried going into sound options to balance the speaker but no balance tab

wondering if Nahimic Companion is causing some issue with this

Attachments

Kevier

Just to be clear Headphones are not broken both work on ps4 and it beeps when i turn it on

Couriant

James
Maybe it's because you are set as a speaker not headphones? Does this headphone have any software that you can install?

Have you tried the troubleshooter for Sound?

Kevier

no plug and play

troubleshooting Couldn't Identify the Problem

Couriant

James
OK try this, look in Device Manager and see if the dongle/headset is listed. If it is, remove it from there, then reconnect it and see if that will help.

Also, try going o the Sounds option, highlight your headset and click Configure. Click on the L and R and see if you get sound.

1634679526386.png

If all else fails, you can contact the manufacturer here: https://support.pdp.com/hc/en-us/ar...L50-Wireless-Stereo-Gaming-Headset-User-Guide

On the bottom left there is a chat option, or use the support link near the bottom middle

Kevier

tried everything except the tech support and got nothing but i did figure out that it is a windows 10 issue because i checked on a windows 7 laptop and it worked fine

Kevier

tech support no help says as long as it works they can't help

Kevier

just tried on different windows 10 laptop and it works fine

Kevier

the reason i think its nahimic companion is if i uninstall the device and delete drivers and reconnect the dongle Nahimic is the first thing that pops up

Kevier

just got this error message trying to switch it to Stereo and clicking the left speaker

i click yes and it fails

Attachments

Kevier

I don't Know what i did but it works now still shows up as Speaker and can't set balance

just opened Realtek Audio Console and clicked on Sound Effects that opened nahimic companion and boom magic

Couriant

James
From what I can tell Nahimic is part of MSI's audio control. Also, there has been reports that it's 'malware' as in it will show up even though you delete it.

So are you good now? If it reappears you may need to disable it from starting.

Kevier

oh Nahimic came back but headphones currently working so no clue
(black magic)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online