can't boot from anything other than hard drive

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

quaybored111

Hi, I was planning to reinstall XP a couple days back and was deleting a couple of partitions I didn't think I needed. Upon restarting, I got the error "NTLDR is missing" which I had kind of anticipated might happen, so I put in my XP CD to reinstall. But it seems I now can't boot from CD at all for some reason... I just get the same error, or if I disable my hard drive in the BIOS setup, I just get "operating sytem not found". I've tried putting the CD drive first in the boot order, I've tried manually selecting to boot from it, I've tried taking my hard drive out, I've even tried resetting my BIOS, all to no avail. Can someone tell me what's happened here?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online