1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Can't Boot/Install Windows 7 BSoD STOP 0x0000005c error

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by phatinc, Jan 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. phatinc

phatinc Thread Starter

Hi,
    I seem to be having difficulties installing Windows 7 on my computer. I had left my computer on to go to work, after I came back, I found that my computer froze (mouse still moved however everything else was frozen).
    So I did a hard reset and now when I try to boot up, it displays the
    STOP 0x000005c error
    STOP: 0x0000005c(0x0000010B, 0x00000003,0x00000000,0x00000000) on a blue screen.

Even if I try and insert my Windows 7 disc to reinstall or to do a repair, it displays the error.

I have tried removing most parts from the computer (new DVDROM, new CPU, HDD, removed both sticks of ram and tested both of them, removed my video card) and nothing seems to work! I plan on changing the motherboard tomorrow but would rather not resort to that.

I've done a quick scan on google but the help were all very vague or they were a dead end.

Please help!

2. Mumbodog

Mumbodog

3. phatinc

phatinc Thread Starter

Thanks for the reply,

Yes I was certain that it was 5c and not c5, but again thanks for your help.

In the end the problem was with the motherboard, so after I switched that the problem went away.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/898527