1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Cant boot into anything

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by bjblazkowicz1911, Dec 7, 2019.

Advertisement
  1. bjblazkowicz1911

bjblazkowicz1911 Thread Starter

So for a while now I have been trying to install an os into a pc I built. I have tried from windows xp to win7 and even linux.
    The point here is to install windows 7 from the iso file once I boot into something
    On windows xp it says it cant copy all the files (everytime I install they are different files)
    On windows 7 it just freezes in starting windows (no dots appear) and my pc stops giving power to the peripherals
    Windows 8 and above are not supported so I wont even try
    Also I know that I have some ACPI issues which I bypassed by pressing f7 in the winxp installation.

Specs pentium 4 2.00 ghz
    2.5 gb ram (I know it's a mix but I've tried in another pc and it was working
    Geforce 3 ti
    And some gigabyte mobo but I dont know the model cause i couldn't find it

2. bassfisher6522

bassfisher6522

How are you trying to create your bootable ISO?

We need complete system specs.....brand/make/model. Use Speecy to find that information.

3. bjblazkowicz1911

I cant boot into anything to run speccy and I have burned the Iso's into CDs. I hope that's enough cause it's all I got

4. bassfisher6522

bassfisher6522

I think that's your problem right there...."burned ISO to CD" and a CD is to small in size. You just can't burn a ISO to DVD. You need to use software to create a bootable media....ie USB or DVD.

I use Rufus for a USB bootable media and for DVD software try this one Free ISO burner.

5. bjblazkowicz1911

I have also used rufus for a couple of bootable USBs but for this dvd I used imgburn and also the built in windows tool. They do the same thing...

6. bassfisher6522

bassfisher6522

Does the PC post? Meaning do you hear the post beep. If so can you get into the BIOS?

7. bjblazkowicz1911

8. bassfisher6522

bassfisher6522

Great! Reboot and get into the BIOS, once in there change the boot order from HDD to CD/DVD or USB, save and exit, insert ISO install media and reboot. This should let you boot from install media.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1236783

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice