Can't boot into Win7 - Required device is inaccessible

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

newspaper56

I installed Win 7 on another SSD and it works fine. But my old SSD can't seem to boot win 7.

The SSD is fine, I can see the files. GParted marked the main 'partition' as boot.

The repairing of it says something about missing partitions and trying to fix it. Though that didn't seem to work.

I've also noticed that along with main partition the System Reserved partition decided to show itself, not sure if that's related. Also, in Diskpart, there doesn't seem to be a name assigned to the volume, not sure if that plays a part too.

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
Your computer already had a SSD containing Windows 7.
You left the original SSD installed and connected and then installed a second SSD and installed Windows 7 in it.
Is that correct?

---------------------------------------------------------------

newspaper56

Yes. I have two Win 7s on Two separate SSDs. But the old one is no longer plugged in since i can't boot into it.

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
I've never used a SS hard drive and have only used SATA hard drives, but I'm sure the install procedure of Windows 7 is the same.
I also have never used Gparted or Diskpart, so I can't comment on them.

BEFORE you installed Windows 7 in the newer SS hard drive, did you disconnect the older SS hard drive?

---------------------------------------------------------------

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
I'm new to using 2 physical hard drives and have only done it with SATA hard drives to run 2 Windows operating systems independent of each other in the same computer.
I don't see where doing it with 2 SSD hard drives would be any different, and I don't see the need of using a third-party utility.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online