Can't boot my pc

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Kieran29

Hi guys really need you help my pc will not boot. So when i boot it says hard drive has no operating system but when i try to run the media creation tool it says windows operating system already on pc. Ive been at this all day. ive tried to reset pc it wont let me says error, repair pc says error im stuck and i need to work from home if you could jelp me that would be great thanks

Gr3iz

Mark
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Hello and welcome to TSG!!

The first thing I'd try would be HDD diagnostics, preferably from your drive's manufacturer (i.e. Western Digital, Seagate, etc.).

Kieran29

Hello and welcome to TSG!!

The first thing I'd try would be HDD diagnostics, preferably from your drive's manufacturer (i.e. Western Digital, Seagate, etc.).
HDD diagnosic says all fine.. yet i have the message no operating system found.
Do install media through usb and that tell me i cant upgrade usung it because windows is already on my pc.

Gr3iz

Mark
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
At some point during the installation process you can choose to do a custom install. At the next step (if I recall) you can delete the existing partitions. You will want to do this for all existing partitions, then allow Windows to install normally.

You will lose any data on the drive by doing this, so hopefully you've got everything backed up already.

Kieran29

At some point during the installation process you can choose to do a custom install. At the next step (if I recall) you can delete the existing partitions. You will want to do this for all existing partitions, then allow Windows to install normally.

You will lose any data on the drive by doing this, so hopefully you've got everything backed up already.
Yeah thats what ive ended up doing had to format them then delete them only way it would work.

Thank you soooo sooo muxh i could kiss you have a wonderful weekend young man/lady/ person.

Gr3iz

Mark
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
You are most welcome! You have a great weekend yourself!

You can mark the thread "Solved" if you are satisfied.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online