cant boot to safe mode error messages

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

kgbj

cant boot in safe mode error messages ati

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello

When I log into my computer, I get a error message that won't close:

An error has occurred in the script on the page.
line
char
error
code
url
do you want to continue
yes or no

also ther is message saying unable to load language resources please reinstall software WHAT!!!!!
I also can not boot into safe mode
all that comes up is windows/system32/drivers/pcidexsys
but there is about 26 different ones all say the same with the window system32 and drivers but the end is different the last one says mvp/sys

There is nothing posted in the error and when I go to say yes or no nothing happens and it wont close

When I shut down my pc I get another error message saying

HpQtra

I am also having probs with my drivers.

I was told to put my ATI on my desktop and load it from there, but now I get an error message saying
Catalyst Contro Center is not supported by the driver version of your enabled graphics adapter
please update your ati graphics driver or enable your ati adapter using the display manager

I know what this is saying but don't know where to start.

I also have just got the new antivirus prodtection of bitdefender total security 2008

also my activex controls are gone it looks like

very frustrated. I know this is all to do with mostly of my drivers but not sure how to get it off my desktop and back where it belows and all the rest of the process HELP

thanks
ps i have been told from someone already just to start all over with xp. is this the best solution or is there a way i can do this ??????

~Candy~

Retired Administrator
You'd have more hair left if you started all over ;)

However, you can try a repair installation. Don't choose the first repair option, it'll be like a new install, then when windows advises you of an existing Windows, you'll be asked if you want to repair that one, say yes, and perhaps you'll be ok.

kgbj

Thanks for the advice. I think I will do that. I am just saving all my pics and etc to dvd right now but if you could help me with this its been about 3 yrs since i built or killed a computer. Where do I start? Thank you for your time

kgbj

How do you do a repair install. I can not get into my device manager at all. not even in safe mode. When i go into safe mode its gives me all the windows\system32\driver\....... about 30 of them then i press escape and it will go into a black screen safe mode. It is also saying that I am missing a language from ati.

~Candy~

Retired Administrator
Start the computer with the Windows cd in the drive, you may see a prompt to press any key to boot from the cd.....after you do that, just follow what I mentioned above for a repair install.

kgbj

Well I have decided to kill the whole computer. I have just burned all my pics etc. Can you let me know what I should do next. I need a quick review. Once again I appreciate all your help

Happy New Year

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online