cant boot windows and cant go into safe mode

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Kirali

OK obviously i shouldn't have been trying to update drivers myself. I went to Nvidia website and checked to see if i needed new updates because i was having a problem with a game. It said i didnt need to update the card but the motherboard driver needed updating. I downloaded the update and it said to restart the pc so I did, when it restarted Windows would not load. It goes to this screen that says you can start windows like it was on the last start up or you can arrow up to safe mode. The only thing is it wont let me arrow up to safe mode it just keeps trying over and over to start up the way it did the last normal time. I tried inserting the original XP disc but it wont boot from that even after I went into BIOS and chose start from hard drive. If i cant get it to boot from disc and i cant get into safe mode what the heck am i supposed to do now? please help

I tried inserting the original XP disc but it wont boot from that even after I went into BIOS and chose start from hard drive.
In order to boot from the XP CD, "CD ROM" has to be first in the list of boot devices.

Kirali

yes you are right i had a brain lapse lol.. anyway i can get to the part that says boot from cd but it says press any button and the computer doesn't seem to be recognizing the keyboard at all. Soooo i cant arrow up to boot in safe mode and i cant press any key to boot from the cd. Someone said on another forum you could go into BIOS and change the setting to make sure it recognizes USB devices but I didnt see that on my BIOS. Can someone tell me where or how to access it?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!