1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Can't browse with IE

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by Thia, Feb 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Thia

Thia Thread Starter

I have AOL on my laptop and have been experiencing problems with it lately, so I went on to Internet Explorer. I had version 6, and did not have any problems with it until I went on today. The only websites that will load are MSN and Microsoft. Whenever I type in a web address, the tab will display its name and then not go anywhere. I tried installing IE7 to see if that would fix the problem, but it didn't. I have a wireless connection, and that's running perfectly fine. Any idea what's going on?

2. rainforest123

rainforest123

Which version of Windows are you using?

IE 6 or IE 6, SP1? Open IE. Help. About IE.

Have you tried Firefox [ www.getfirefox.com ]?

Uninstall IE 7.

How do you know the wireless connection is perfectly fine? Are you sharing files or a printer?

start > run > eventvwr
    Maximize the screen.
    On the left, click on "system".
    Do you see any errors or warnings on the right? Did they occur when you have tried to connect to a web site?

On the left click on "applications". Did they occur when you have tried to connect to a web site?

RF123

3. Blackmirror

Blackmirror

4. Thia

Thia Thread Starter

Problem solved. I went on today and my network told me that I had to validate. Everything's working fine now, though I am seriosuly considering thinking about Mozilla. Would IE still be on the computer if I got Firefox? Also, I got rid of IE7 after seeing all the complaints about it. Back to IE6.

5. rainforest123

rainforest123

You will need IE to access some web sites.

You can uninstall IE, but I don't recommend it. I have encountered problems with IE7, but it is much more secure than IE 6.

control panel [ with classic view ] > add / remove programs > "add / remove Windows components". There you can uncheck IE.

RF123

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/541934

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice