1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Can't burn certain mp3s

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by floydfreak, Jul 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. floydfreak

floydfreak Thread Starter

I have some mp3s that won't burn because no time is listed on the files. WMP says to play them first and then it will take over from there. doesn't work, still won't burn. Is there a way to enter in manually the running time so that WMP will recognize and then burn?

2. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

I've see a few corrupt MP3 files in my time. One application that fixes many of them is MPTRIM, it regenerates the index and CRC for the files.

3. floydfreak

floydfreak Thread Starter

I checked out MPTRIM, looks interesting...I didn't know such a thing existed. I don't know if it will help my ailment or not, but it's good to know what's out there. It seems a shame that we have to keep downloading jillions of drivers. They've got so many damn file types these days, why don't we pick a format and stick to it for a while? I've got torrents that make my WMP run screaming, but I don't want to just dump them....so there they sit, taking up space, totally useless. I guess you can tell I'm not very pc smart. Again, thanks for the advice, sir.

4. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Well, I'm going to have to close this thread now. If you consult the TSG Rules, you'll see that we don't provide assistance with any illegal activities or P2P. Downloaded music from P2P networks falls into that category for several reasons.

[​IMG]

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/599115

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice