Can't burn data to CD

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

jwhall

After installing and unistalling Roxio CD Creator, I can no longer burn data files to CD in windows XP. The CD drive recognizes a blank disc and I can burn music, using windows Media Player. But when I right click files and send to disc, I get a "please insert CD" error. What do I need to do?

jwhall

I Uninstalled V5 Platinum - Am trying to get the XP to burn data again.

Try installing the basic version if you have it. The platinum version has problems with XP (or visa versa) and needs patching to work properly.

In Windows Explorer, right click on your cd drive, go to Properties, then Recording tab. Make sure there is a check mark in "enable recording on this drive."

jwhall

There is no recording tab, however roxio seems to have replaced that with a tab labled "DirectCD 5.0 Options," Which it did not clear on the uninstall. In any case the properties menus do not contain a tab labled enable CD recording. I guess I need to restore the default settings somehow. Know how to do this?

jwhall

Uninstall ECDC. Then follow the instructions HERE to delete the famous upper filter - lower filter if CD Drives are not detected.

Then visit THIS site and get the patch.

Reinstall and then apply the patch.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online