1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Can't burn data to CD

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by jwhall, Apr 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. jwhall

jwhall Thread Starter

After installing and unistalling Roxio CD Creator, I can no longer burn data files to CD in windows XP. The CD drive recognizes a blank disc and I can burn music, using windows Media Player. But when I right click files and send to disc, I get a "please insert CD" error. What do I need to do?

2. Whitestar

Whitestar

Are you using the basic or platinum version of easy cd creator?

3. jwhall

jwhall Thread Starter

I Uninstalled V5 Platinum - Am trying to get the XP to burn data again.

4. Whitestar

Whitestar

Try installing the basic version if you have it. The platinum version has problems with XP (or visa versa) and needs patching to work properly.

5. pegkral

pegkral

In Windows Explorer, right click on your cd drive, go to Properties, then Recording tab. Make sure there is a check mark in "enable recording on this drive."

6. jwhall

jwhall Thread Starter

There is no recording tab, however roxio seems to have replaced that with a tab labled "DirectCD 5.0 Options," Which it did not clear on the uninstall. In any case the properties menus do not contain a tab labled enable CD recording. I guess I need to restore the default settings somehow. Know how to do this?

7. Firah

Firah

jwhall

Uninstall ECDC. Then follow the instructions HERE to delete the famous upper filter - lower filter if CD Drives are not detected.

Then visit THIS site and get the patch.

Reinstall and then apply the patch.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/218466

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice