1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

can't burn dvd but can burn cd

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by b1ffyi59, Feb 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. b1ffyi59

b1ffyi59 Thread Starter

Hello
    I have a little problem with a dvdrw.It's a Benq 1655 dvdrw.Up to yesterday it was all fine.I was burning dvd and it was fine.Since yesterday,I installed a new mouse.(logitech)
    I tried also a dvdr made in China and I couldn't burn with nero or burn for free.I doubt that the problem could come from the mouse.I tried to burn a cd and it works fine.I tried a new dvdr(mitsubishi) and the burn button is grayed out.It isn't grayed out when I burn cd.
    Does anyone have any idea on what to do.Could my dvdrw be broken or is it software?
    Jean-Guy Roberge
    Thanks

2. MysticEyes

MysticEyes Banned

When DVD burners go bad many times they still burn CDs (2 different lasers).

Go into Device Manager, find your burner, right click-> uninstall, then reboot. Hopefully that will fix things.

Also note Burn4Free installs adware.

Why does Burn4Free include NavHelper?
    Burn4Free has always been offered to the public at no charge.
    Development costs have been supported by the generous donations of program users.
    Although these contributions are greatly appreciated, they alone are insufficient to continue program development. Burn4Free now incorporates NavHelper as a sponsor to offset some of the program development costs.

• Important Notes:
    Burn4Free includes adware: NavHelper and NavExcel Search Toolbar free software. "NavHelper and NavExcel Search Toolbar software resolve domain name errors and enable yout to search from anywhere on the web. The Search Toolbar also includes a free POPUP BLOCKER!"

Adware (and spyware) software may record your surfing habits, deliver advertising, collect private information, or modify your system settings. Pay close attention to the End User License Agreement ("EULA") and installation options! We also, recommend you to run Windows Defender or other antispyware software after installation process.

3. b1ffyi59

b1ffyi59 Thread Starter

Thanks,I have done what you explained and it now works fine.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/541356

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice