1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Can't burn files to CD

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by mwredt, Aug 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. mwredt

mwredt Thread Starter

I am trying to burn audio files from my hard drive to a CD using Nero Burning Rom. I opened the application, selected Audio-CD, selected the files and told it to burn. It evidently creates an image which it puts on my hard drive but I can't figure out how to get it to burn to a CD. Can anyone help?
    I am using Windows XP Pro.

2. Elvandil

Elvandil

Choose what recorder you want it to use under the Recorder tab.

3. mwredt

mwredt Thread Starter

When I click on the icon that "Chooses a recorder" a box comes up that only gives me one choice and that is "Image Recorder"--Virtual Device. I have a Lite-On DVDRW drive but it does not show up as an option.

4. Elvandil

Elvandil

That is your problem, then. Does the device show in Explorer? Device Manager? Do its Properties have a Recording tab?

5. mwredt

mwredt Thread Starter

Yes, it shows up in Explorer, My Computer and Device Manager. It plays music CD's that I have and reads other CD's and DVD's that I have such as movies.

6. Hughv

Hughv

Use the Nero Info tool to see if this drive has recording capabilities. The recording capability may be compromised.

7. jaion

jaion

8. Elvandil

Elvandil

"Do its Properties have a Recording tab?"

9. mwredt

mwredt Thread Starter

My Lite-On DVD-RW drive does not have a recording tab in the properties. I checked the one on my laptop and it does have. When I click on that tab and checked the box that said, "Enable CD recording on this drive" I go a message that said, "By enabling CD Recording function, you cannot write to DVD-Ram. Do you still want to enable this setting?'
    What will this do if I say yes to this?
    As to the Lite-On DVD drive in my desktop, what more can I do there?

10. Hughv

Hughv

I've never had a use for my DVD-RAM, but if you ever do, just uncheck the box.

11. mwredt

mwredt Thread Starter

That will work for my laptop, but do you have any suggestions about the problem on my desktop?

12. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/849968

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice