can't change date/time and other issues

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

xdalisx

Hello,

So I noticed this morning that the date and time has somehow been changed to March 31st 2006 @ 3am (currently). When I try and change it I am alerted that I do not have the right privileges. Both accounts on this computer are administrators. I also cannot access it from the control panel.

If I try to access Local Security Policy under admin tools I am alerted that there is a "group policy error" and I do not have permission. never used group policy and do not know what it is.

I also do not have privileges to run a system restore.

Finally, certain websites, such as gmail, are giving me an error that The server's security certificate is not yet valid!

All of these privileges are things that I was able to do yesterday.

Thanks for the help!

Hello you can change date and time settings in your bios. Reboot your system press delete key. Enter the date and time section do the necessary change then press f10 which will save and exit. Guess what time is changed in windows 7:)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online