1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Can't change icon in Windows Explorer

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by jjbergman, Oct 8, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jjbergman

jjbergman Thread Starter

I can't change my .mp3 file icons to anything but the default. I've deleted the shelliconcache file and edited the registry for the icon cache key. I've also tried changing the icon to something different through Tools -> Folder Options -> File types, and it shows that it changed in that screen, but not in Windows Explorer. Any answers?

2. bozz

bozz

The mp3 icons showing in Explorer are the icons from your default mp3 player, such as Winamp, Musicmatch or whatever program your using.

I know in Winamp, they have some different icons that can be selected for file types in the options panel.

If the player that you have associated with your mp3's as your default player doesn't have any optional icon selections, then you would have to go into the program itself to change the icon. That could be very difficult to do. That might require some coding experience and may not be compliance with the user license aggreement.

Maybe someone else has some other options.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/170364

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice