Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Can't change IE home page from Earthlink start page

3K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  Rollin' Rog 
#1 ·
Recently, I changed DSL providers from Earthlink to another company. I did this for two reasons: the Earthlink throughput was awful, and their tech support was virtually useless. After numerous attempts to get the speed problems resolved I finally gave up. Upon ordering the new provider's service, I uninstalled Earthlink from my PC. Problem is, no matter what I do, my IE home page is the Earthlink start page. I have used the IE options to change it, it goes right back to Earthlink. I have changed it in the registry, it goes right back to Earthlink. I have checked for spyware/adware, run registry cleaner, you name it. Is my PC going to be forever haunted by Earthlink? I have XP home edition, latest version. Can someone rid me of this troublesome home page?

#2 ·
#3 ·
do you have a program like Ad-aware/Ad-watch which will prevent homepage hi-jacking or changing homepage, Ad-watch which is a part of Ad-aware will prevent changing of homepage. I don't blame you for changing ISP, my contract is up in Sept, will be doing the same.

#4 ·
Tapeuup said:
do you have a program like Ad-aware/Ad-watch which will prevent homepage hi-jacking or changing homepage, Ad-watch which is a part of Ad-aware will prevent changing of homepage. I don't blame you for changing ISP, my contract is up in Sept, will be doing the same.
:up: everone who uses earthlink should do so I and many others including corporations are leaving them,not so much they are slow,and have useless support,but rather the isp seems full of problems that carry over into your machine.
All the best :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.