Can't change my phone's ringtone

kathrynbernado

Hello everyone! This is my first time posting the topic here, so I hope to receive help from the community. When I set an alarm or ring on the iphone XS, I could just pick the bell and even then, they didn't work and switched to the default tones. What can I do to change this so I can use music or files downloaded from Google Drive?

Goddess-Bastet

Virginia
In order to use your own ringtones you’ll require either GarageBand or iTunes to cut the tone to 50 seconds & to convert them to the ringtone extension, then to install them to the phone.
With iTunes you’ll have to drag & drop into the tones tab.
You should have a list of of tones under Settings>Sounds & Haptics. If they’re not playing then check that volume is on full, especially with ringer & alerts.

kathrynbernado

Thanks for your help. I think I don't need to cut the alarm anymore, I will choose the pre-cut ringtone here: beltonengratis.net. Then use the GarageBand tool to set it to ringtone.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!