1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Can't Change Page Margins

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by lizziehgeek, Dec 11, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. lizziehgeek

lizziehgeek Thread Starter

Help! My office upgraded 2 computers to win xp home edition and I can't change the page margins in internet explorer 6, i went into the registry and manually changed the default margins but those changes aren't reflected in IE at all. I've been beating my head against a brick wall over this for several days now. What am I missing????????????

2. Rockn

Rockn

Since when can you change page margins in Internet Explorer? The code that is served determines the page layout. Are you referring to a web page editor?

3. angel

angel

I guess this probably needs a little more of an explanation from you of what's happening, lizziehgeek - if you could.
    I assume you are referring to when printing and that you have gone to File>Page Setup already?

4. lizziehgeek

I'm refering to the page margins of pages that I want to print from internet explorer. I went to file/page set up and changed the margins but they automaticly change back to the previous values of 4.956(right), 5.095(bottom) .5(left) and .5(top). I can't figure this out for the life of me, I was sure that the registry change would have done the trick but no such luck(the machine has been rebooted several time and still nothing).

5. Rockn

Rockn

I think the browser will only save the settings on a per session basis. Once you close IE the settings are gone....at least for those settings.

6. Brooks

Brooks Guest

The page margin settings should save from session to session. I have mine set to print .5 inch borders and they are saved even after a boot.

When you edited the registry, which key did you go under? Those settings should be stored in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\PageSetup

Also, in the registry editor you can delete the PageSetup key and it will be recreated automatically with the defaults for the margins. Which if memory serves me is .75.

Those are odd settings to begin with.

7. lizziehgeek

I'll try going into the registry and deleting the page set up key and see if that works. There were 2 items in the registry that I changes, though I can't remember right now the exact locations but I'm sure it was software/microsoft/internet explorer/page set up though I can't remember if it was hk local machine or current users, I'm only a "beginner" when it comes to editing the registry.

I even tried downloading netscape and still had the same problem. :(

This is driving me nutz!

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/61396

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice