1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Can't change Pixels...HELP ME.

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by FIXME, Feb 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. FIXME

FIXME Thread Starter

Well I have Windows98 SE I had just gone through I huge Problem in witch I had to recover my computer to factory state in witch i used the hpRecovery disk that were provided with the compter. I thought it all went good INTIL i tried to change my screen pixels to 800 by 600 it won't bugde it won't even try to change it is stuck at 640 by 480 pixels it was not like this before this happend 3days ago I have tried for 3days and have been online trying to find info about it. I've learn alot about it all other than how to get it unstuck...
    I have download a thing that is called Belarc Advisor that will provide all of my computer info if you need more info on the computer let me know. I can't even download my printer back on the computer because it will not allow me without changing the pixel setting.cAN YOU IMAGINE TRYING TO SEE AT THAT LEVEL WHEN EVRYTHING REQUIRES IT TO BE AT LEAST 800 BY 600 PLEASE HELP ME.....CAN YOU "FIXME"

2. Filewasp

Filewasp

Look through your goodies (discs) and see if you have one that matches what Belarc says is your video card and use it to re install your video drivers. That should fix it.

3. FIXME

FIXME Thread Starter

WHAT GOODIES DISK I HAVE NOT SEEN ANYTHING THAT SAYS THAT?
    If I find it how do i install it

4. Treasurerat

Treasurerat

what is your file allocation setting on your system?..16 or 32?...win 98 se has a demon with the fat 16 locking the pixel settings as low as they go...had a similar problem months ago and had to reformat and reinstall the os with the fat32 settings...been fine from that day on.....you will get the default error message stating that it needs to be 256 etc...color to install printer..etc.

5. FIXME

FIXME Thread Starter

It is on 16 and it is stuck so i think what you are saying sounds like i shot show please give me some details on how to do all that so i can fix mine too THANKS

6. Treasurerat

Treasurerat

do you have your sys restore disc?..if so boot up with that installed in your cd drive and if you dont care what you may lose of the hard drive(save files first if you need to) do a format and re install ..the disc will guide you thru the steps...you will need your win 98 full version disc as well to reinstall the os.another thing to notice on fat 16..it will limit your hard drive partition's for space and will not allow some new hardware to be added do to the lack of hard drive space available...put in the sys restore disc..then boot up...it will ask what you want to do....boot from cd.....there will be a list of options..pick format and reinstall...you will get warning that you will lose all data..continue on when you are re installing the os off the win 98se cd you will get prompted to select between 16 and 32...pick 32!....and you will be on your way

7. FIXME

FIXME Thread Starter

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU That will fix me Thanks abunch

8. Treasurerat

Treasurerat

if it works out for you..toss acouple of bucks to the site...good luck

9. FIXME

FIXME Thread Starter

I will do that and thank you I really think that this will work

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/325953

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice