1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Can't change sounds...

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by SteveR120, Apr 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. SteveR120

SteveR120 Thread Starter

Hi Fellows,

I have a problem that is new to me... I have Popup Killer 1.45.4 which has worked fine for me through several reinstalls. I always reset the awfull default 'thunder' sound it makes when it closes a popup to one that is less annoying ( the Window's 'ballon' sound).

It was acting up on me recently and I uninstalled it. I rebooted after uninstalled. Then, I reinstalled Popup Killer.

My XP Home Edition has 2 user accounts. XP has let me change the sound in my daughter's account, but when I try to change it in mine, it keeps changing back to Popup Killer's 'thunder' sound.

I don't understand why it keeps doing this???

Steve

2. Sequal7

Sequal7

Sorry Steve, what sound is it you wanted to change, the logon one as you logon to your account, or a sound the software makes when you get a popup?

3. SteveR120

SteveR120 Thread Starter

Sequal7,
    I always reset the awfull default 'thunder' sound it makes when it closes a popup to one that is less annoying ( the Window's 'ballon' sound).

4. SteveR120

SteveR120 Thread Starter

I always get these 'strange' problems that no one can help me with????

5. SteveR120

SteveR120 Thread Starter

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!