Can't Change wallpaper

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

jwall29

My daughter downloaded a wallper background from a website. I can't change it to another one now. When I try to change it, the new one just flashes, then it goes back to the old one. It is not in my list of backgrounds. I deleted what I think the picture was in the my pictures folder , but it is still there. The website was "Claires" a clothing seller.
Thanks

Try this: Do a search (Start > Search > Files and Folders) for "internet explorer wallpaper", use the quotation marks. Make sure you set the search options to include hidden and system files and folders.
Delete the file the search finds and then try changing wallpaper.

John

jwall29

John
That didn't bring up the file even though "Internet explorer windows is the name of that screensaver.
Jim

Try reloading the original desktop theme. right click properties change theme to windows xp click apply

try disabling the "Show Web Content on my Active Desktop" option from DISPLAY PROPERTIES > (tab) WEB. Click Apply, OK then restart the pc

OK. Try this: Go to Start > Run and type in "C:\Documents and Settings\"User Name"\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer" without the quotes. Change "User Name" to what ever the name on the account is. Hit enter. A new folder should open. Look for a file named "Internet Explorer Wallpaper" if it's there, delete it and try changing wallpaper again.

John

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online