1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Can't Click any Buttons

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by doc2b113, Sep 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. doc2b113

doc2b113 Thread Starter

My friend's laptop has been acting up lately and he asked me for some help. Some website that he used to visit regularly will not load and if they do, the layout and graphics are all messed up. Also, he can't seem to click on any buttons at all. I tried to install Norton but I can't click on the buttons to register his version. Therefore, I cannot run a virus scan to see if that is the problem. Can anyone help me fix his laptop?

2. Command.com

Command.com

You can do a virus scan online @ www.housecall.antivirus.com also try empting your TEMP folder and Internet Temp Folder
    if you are running win9x its under the windows folder if you are running win2k and up its uder C:\Documents and Settings\NAMEofUSER\Local Settings\...
    flush your DNS from a command window START-->RUN-->CMD type the following:
    ipconfig /flushdns or if you have win2k xp on the network properties. there is a repair button that will do that for you too it clears all cache.. but not the ones in the folder jsut the one on the TCP/IP stack
    also try a ping on the page. get the IP address of it and see if it can load that way or if you ahve the same issue

3. doc2b113

doc2b113 Thread Starter

i have tried all of those and nothing seems to be helping......should i post a HJT log for someone to look at?

4. Rollin' Rog

Rollin' Rog

Yes.

But you might also consider doing a System Restore to a date prior to the problem. These can be "undone" if not helpful

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/396336

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice