Can't click on links within messengers

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

mancode20

I just recently noticed that I cannot click on any links that someone sends me or I type myself on MSN and Yahoo! Messengers. Any idea why this is? It actually crashes my Yahoo! Messenger if I click on a link. I re-installed Yahoo, and the problem still persists. A friend told me it happened to her awhile back. She said to delete my cookies, then reboot, and maybe it will be fixed. I've deleted my cookies but I haven't rebooted yet. Just wondering what you guys think?

Try deleting all of your \windows\temporary internet files and also the sub folders under Content IE5

mancode20

I found a program in my start-up tab that says ypager C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\ypager.exe -quiet
This doesn't sound like a regular Yahoo! thing to me unless someone can explain the -quiet line. I unchecked that, turned off my computer last night, went to use it again, and now it seems to be working. If anyone knows anything about this, let me know.

mancode20

I ran Spybot, found a bunch of stuff, fixed them, and am now running the Cleaner and will run Norton AntiVirus after that.
Will keep you updated!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online