1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Can't click on links within messengers

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by mancode20, Sep 18, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. mancode20

mancode20 Thread Starter

I just recently noticed that I cannot click on any links that someone sends me or I type myself on MSN and Yahoo! Messengers. Any idea why this is? It actually crashes my Yahoo! Messenger if I click on a link. I re-installed Yahoo, and the problem still persists. A friend told me it happened to her awhile back. She said to delete my cookies, then reboot, and maybe it will be fixed. I've deleted my cookies but I haven't rebooted yet. Just wondering what you guys think?

2. NiteHawk

NiteHawk

Try deleting all of your \windows\temporary internet files and also the sub folders under Content IE5

3. mancode20

mancode20 Thread Starter

I found a program in my start-up tab that says ypager C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\ypager.exe -quiet
    This doesn't sound like a regular Yahoo! thing to me unless someone can explain the -quiet line. I unchecked that, turned off my computer last night, went to use it again, and now it seems to be working. If anyone knows anything about this, let me know.

4. mancode20

mancode20 Thread Starter

I ran Spybot, found a bunch of stuff, fixed them, and am now running the Cleaner and will run Norton AntiVirus after that.
    Will keep you updated!

5. NiteHawk

NiteHawk

Thanks (y)

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/165614

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice