can't close program!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

shrucks

Earlier today I tried to access itunes store. Now my itunes window is stuck open on my computer. I've shut down manually, I can't do it from the windows menu. When the computer reboots, it's right there on the screen. I can't ctrl + alt + delete... nothing happens. I can't left click in the task bar and close that way... nothing happens. I can't move it, minimize it...

It's not affecting anything else...so I'm not really concerned yet, but I can't get gone! If you have any ideas, let me know.

I have windows 7 on a Toshiba Satellite

Phantom010

Retired Trusted Advisor
Look for the appropriate iTunes process:

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3960

When you've determined whick process it is, kill it:

Click Start > Programs > Accessories > right-click on Command Prompt, select "Run as Administrator" to open a command prompt.

In the command prompt window, type Taskkill /IM your iTune process /F

Press Enter.

When done, restart the computer and see if iTunes is opening again. If it is,

1- Please click HERE to download HijackThis.
2- Run the program.
3- Click on the Main Menu button if not already there.
4- Select Do a system scan and save a logfile.
5- Copy and paste the scan log from Notepad into your next reply.
6- Do not "Fix" anything unless advised to do so.

For Windows 7 and Vista:

If Windows is denying access to the Hosts file, be sure to run HijackThis as Administrator or disable the UAC first.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online